Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
During the evening session of our Annual Meeting on Tuesday, October 20, we will be honoring Bro. Robert with a reception. It will take place in the Springfield Baptist Fellowship Hall from 7:00 - 7:30 PM. Even if you are not planning to attend the whole Annual Meeting, we wanted to let you know that you are welcome to come to the reception and express your well wishes to Bro. Robert.
Dr. Robert Tyson Announces Retirement from RCBA
On July 21, 2020, I met with the Associational Leadership
Council and announced my plan to retire at the end of 2020.
Since July of 2000, one of my greatest joys has been to serve
as Director of Missions of the Robertson County Baptist
Association (RCBA). I count it a sacred trust to have served
you in this role. I am grateful for the relationships, the
friendships, and becoming a of family of churches that trust
In our twenty years together, God has given us much to celebrate. With a grateful
heart, I list a few of them:
• The development of a Disaster Relief unit that has made many trips here and
throughout the Southeast to the Eastern Seaboard
• The tremendous growth of the English Language Learners program
• The initiation of a process that helps churches do missions together.
• The growth of our RCBA churches in diversity, in participation, and in the
level of financial support for the work
• The development and pioneering of a process that allows the association to
listen to its churches and see the needs in their communities
• The development of an annual renewable strategy that helps churches reach
their communities for Jesus Christ
• The implementation of a new, flexible associational structure that keeps the
association relevant in the 21st Century
• The hiring of Rev. Luis Lopez who now serves as our Associate Director of
Missions overseeing all ethnic work
• The involvement of a younger generation in our RCBA churches
We have much for which to give glory and thanks to our Lord.
Finally, I am retiring as Director of Missions but not from ministry. Lord willing, I
will stay active in the Lord’s work. This area is our home. Sherri and I love you, and
we thank you for your love, support, and encouragement.
God bless you,
Robert E. Tyson, Sr.